The Five Wishes document helps you express how you want to be treated if you are seriously ill and unable to speak for yourself. It looks to all of a person's needs: medical, personal, emotional and spiritual. Five Wishes encourages discussing your wishes with your family and physician.
Five Wishes lets your family and doctors know:
- Which person you want to make health care decisions for you when you can't make them
- The kind of medical treatment you want or don't want
- How comfortable you want to be
- How you want people to treat you
- What you want your loved ones to know
Find out more at the Aging with Dignity site.