Benefits of SANE Program
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
A nurse is called in to examine and take special care of you. A victim's advocate will also be called in to assist you with any needs you may
have. This care begins in the emergency room. The advocate can stay with you as your support system during the exam. If you feel you need to
see a doctor you may also request the presence of a physician.
Benefits of the SANE Program
- Free and confidential forensic exams
- Free testing for drug facilitated sexual assault(date rape drug)
- Specially educated and trained nurses
- An advocate for you
- Increased and coordinated resources
- Increased victim reporting rates
- Consistent, quality evidence collection
- Increased prosecution rates of perpetrators
- Expert witness for trialSolid, credible and neutral courtroom testimony
SANE Nurses are available 24/7/365 to respond to needs of assault victims. Dr. Lisa Patel is the Physician Advisor for the program.
Chief Nursing Officer, Mary Henrikson, and Emergency Services Director, Jill Boyle, provide additional program oversight and guidance.